As an Android user, you’re surely aware that the Android mobile operating system (OS) must be updated on a regular basis. These upgrades enhance your device’s security, address issues, and offer new features.
You’ve come to the correct spot if you really want to upgrade your Android smartphone but don’t know where to start. In this post, we’ll show you how to upgrade your Android smartphone manually or enable it to update automatically when a new operating system is released. We can also assist you with updating the software on an Android device using a desktop.
Steps By Step Guide | Update An Android Phone
Method #1 | Using Settings:
Keep in mind that Android Smartphone is linked to Wi-Fi:
- Your device should be linked to Wi-Fi, not the mobile network, in order to install and run the updates.
- You might also have to recharge your Device or charge it to a specified point (– for example, above 50%) prior to starting installing an update based on your device.
Go to the Settings app on your Android device:
- Drag down to the end of the display to uncover the drop-down menu. After that, hit the gear-shaped “Setting” symbol in the upper corner.
- You may have to scroll down with two fingers on certain Android phones.
Go to the bottom of the page and choose System:
- This option may be found towards the bottom of the Settings tab.
- Alternatively, on a Samsung Galaxy, select the Software update option.
At the end of the System tab, click the About phone option.
- If you’re operating a Google Android (such as the Pixel), select the Advanced setting instead.
- Alternatively, with a Samsung Galaxy, you’ll select the Manually install updates or Download and install option.
- When you’re using any Android tablet, choose the About tablet option.
Select the option to Update:
- The title of this option varies, but it may be found on the “About phone” (or “Download updates manually” if you’ve a Samsung Galaxy device) tab.
- You will need to touch the Check for Updates option first to see whether an update is available.
Follow some commands:
- Based on your Device, you might have to click via a few on-screen inquiries (such as entering your password and confirming the Update) before the updates begin to download.
Allow your Android device to complete the update.
- This might take up to 30 minutes. After your Android has finished upgrading and rebooting, you will have the most recent operating system loaded on your device.
Method #2 | Using a Computer:
Get the operating system for your Android device:
The following are some of the most popular Android operating system downloading directions:
- Samsung — Just go to the Kies downloading website, scroll to the bottom, and select KIES DOWNLOAD (upon the Mac, select SMART SWITCH).
- LG — Just go to the LG PC Suite website, scroll to the bottom, and select the software you wish to use (for example, Windows).
- Visit the Xperia Companion free download website and select Download for Mac OS / Downloads for Windows from the drop-down menu.
- Motorola — Go to the Motorola Device Manager downloading website and select either Download for Mac or Download for Windows from the drop-down menu.
Download the desktop application:
- Perform the on-screen prompts after double-clicking the downloaded application installation file.
Discover and install an appropriate update file:
- If your Android maker has an update available, you’ll normally get it under the “Downloads” area of the “Support” website; you probably must pick your Android’s category and brand to find an appropriate update file.
- Normally, selecting the title of the update file or the Download option will start the downloading process.
- There are no latest updates offered for your Android when there are no update files mentioned on the website.
Attach your smartphone to the PC using the following steps:
- Connect the USB port of your Device’s charging cord to your pc, then the other side to the device.
- If you’ve got a Macintosh, you may have to purchase a USB 3.0 to USB-C adaptor to plug the charging connection to your pc.
Start the windows software from the manufacturer:
- The program symbol for the desktop applications you downloaded should be double-clicked or clicked.
- You may also check for the app by typing its title into Start (Windows) and clicking or double-clicking the keywords in the search options.
Look for and choose the Update option:
- The position of these options will differ based on your program.
- In Samsung Kies, for instance, you should first select Tools from the drop-down list before selecting Update.
When asked, choose your update file:
- To pick the download update file, tap it just once, and pick Open to verify.
- To pick the update file, you might need to first select a Choose file or Explore option.
Follow on-screen instructions:
- The installation procedure varies based on your system and Phone version, so follow any on-screen instructions till the update starts.
- Wait till the update is finished before disconnecting your smartphone from your desktop.
We think that now you’ve finished reading the How to Upgrade Your Smartphone tutorial, you’ll be able to update your smartphone. To do manual upgrades, make absolutely sure you have some of the most dependable operating systems.
The procedures stated above in this article on how to upgrade the Android Operating system on activation will assist you in finishing the updates. Always create a backup of the data prior to updating your device manually. Taking full advantage of your device, stay up to current on the latest updates.
Hello Readers, My Name is Justin. And I am the owner of Trickuniverse.com. I am a Blogger and an SEO expert having 4 years of experience. And gaming is my passion so I love to share information about gaming on my blog. When you will visit my blog you will amazing tips and tricks related to All Kinds of Gaming.